On every piece of marketing you produce you should be focusing on a call to action. You must compel your readers/listeners to take action, otherwise you are missing out. I would even argue standard “Branding” marketing should include a call to action somewhere.
So what makes a good call to action?
- Timely/Time focussed. Give your readers a reason to pick up the phone/email right then and there.
- If you don’t have a special on, or an offer, make one up.
- The focus is on the action. “Call this number” “Hit send on this button”. A web address on its own usually does not function well enough as a call to action.
- The call to action is easy to see, read and understand. On a website the best place for a CTA is the top right hand corner.
- People know what they are asking for/to do. They are contacting you for a consultation, or they are going to get a phone call from you etc etc.
What ideas do you have for a good call to action?
Current average ratings.