I have posted articles on search engine optimization in my blog but I thought writing more about new things about seo will be better tackling new way on how to get a good ranking on search engines.
There are two factors affecting search engine ranking of a blog – on-page and off-page optimization. The former means that you have to make use of high ranking keywords to be used on your post (meaning putting it in the title or the first paragraph of the text) and off-page optimization which is getting quality back links pointing to your blog and its pages.
To on-page optimize your blog, as what I stated in my earlier posts:
* Keywords – it is what the search engine look for in your title tag and the content of your post when someone type it in the search engine. When you search on a particular phrase, the title or the content of the web page with the exact phrase you have searched for will be the first to be shown on search engine results.
* On page relevancy – since Google has tweaked its algorithms on title tags, it now requires that your page/posts should have relevancy to your title in a particular keyword your choose. It simply means that your title has a particular keyword that is being search and some of it is also found in your posts.
For off-page optimization:
* Get a lot of one way links – since link-exchange and reciprocal links no longer works. But one-way links is the best way to get page rank they said but I said since page rank does not contribute much in the search engine ranking, links to your posts from other sites with a particular keyword.
It means that many sites links to your blog with a particular keyword your blog page located on your title post and on the body post itself your blog page will show higher on search engine results.
Say your blog post is about “fly fishing”, and there are thousand of links pointing to your page from the anchor text “fly fishing” your page will be put on the top list of the search engine when someone look for the term. But don’t jump on creating links like this yet.
Search engine looks at the thousand of links going to a blog especially if it’s new as a link spam, and your effort will be wasted.
* One way links with the right anchor text (ex. “niche fishing”) pointing to your post from other sites. Links should come from variety of locations (let us say forums with different ip address, social networking sites that are not owned by just one owner (know what I mean).
* Do not overuse the keyword or same anchor text in your link building effort. Just one keyword pointing to your blog post will trigger search engine suspicion.
* Build links to your blog should be done minimally at leas 8-10 links a day will be enough in order for your blog post not to be put in the Google Sandbox.
Getting back link is easy but requires a lot of effort. You can manually submit your own created articles or rehash content from private label articles to article directories.
Here are some of the article directories that you can submit your articles:
Or you can use a software called Article Submitter that I use in submitting articles to 300+ article directories manually or automatically.
If you have problems creating content, I suggest you grab PLR articles, and rewrite it using Article Content Spinner or other article rewriting software’s to avoid duplicate content issue.
Join forums. Look for forums that allow user signature. Use title of your blog and its link as your sig file. Be active in forums and post or reply to posts. Read the rules however in posting so that you will not get banned.
Minor methods but highly popular is leaving comments on other blogs. You can use as your username your blog title in posting comments. However, you should be posting comments that are fitted on the posts or else your comments will be considered spam by the blog owner.
That’s my simple tips in optimizing your blog using search engine optimization. Watch out for more tips on making money blogging.
Other SEO and Blogging Articles