WordPress has some clear advantages for most businesses over other options such as Joomla or Dot Net Nuke.
Easy to use – You don’t need any coding knowledge to do the basics.
Excellent readable documentation
Active and Static sections of the website.
Viewable with all browsers – Some websites that have active contents such as Flash or Java can’t be viewed the same way by all browsers.
Always updated – You don’t need to do anything to keep your website up to date with the latest standards.
Free – Open Source software is free to use and manipulate.
A Wide range of plug ins – You add all sorts of functionality to wordpress. You can turn your website into a social networking platform, a directory or a podcasting blog with a few clicks.
Search Optimised – The system automatically generates the right content to maximised your chances of being found with the major search engines.
A Wide range of ready-to-use templates
Easy to modify – This keeps your ongoing costs down, and if you want to completely customise WordPress, it will not cost as much as other options.
Linux based system – again it keeps your ongoing costs down.
- How To Reach The Top Of Major Search Engine With Your Website | Daily Biz Site
- LyX – the document processor – Written and Read
- Finding Opera Functionality in Google Chrome « New|Technology|Education|Science|News
- Content aware functionality in Adobe Photoshop CS5 « EBI Interfaces
- Notepad++ – free opensource editor & notepad replacement | Windows Reference
Current average ratings.