Posted on 14. Nov, 2011 by Robert Steers in Marketing
Some random stats on iPhone market penetration.
- Mobile Internet usage in Oceania grew 6x since 2008
- Australians prefer iPhones.
- Apple is the most popular mobile device Manufacturer by far in Oceania, with 81% share. In comparison Apple holds 30% of the share globally.
- Apple’s iOS occupies 91% of all mobile Internet device operating systems in Australia. Android is growing, but is only 3%.
- iPhone penetration in Australia estimated at 10.5% (range is 6.9% to 14.3%)
- iPhone users are spread across all ages. Weighted average age of a user is 37
- 60% of iPhone users are between 25 and 54
- Almost half are women (43%).
- Average app purchase price $2.27
- 8.8 iPhone app downloads a month – 1.8 paid, 7.0 free
- The average shelf life of an iPhone App is 30 days.
- iPhone users spend 79 minutes a day using their apps.