- They don’t use cPanel/Parallels or any other standard back end, making it much harder for web developers to deal with them.
- You cant recover usernames/passwords without calling tech support, which is painful as you are frequently on hold for very long periods of time.
- Domain name renewals are $70 a year, twice the price of anywhere else
- They charge for services like DNS forwarding/simple management, which most don’t charge for
- Just one look at their Google places page, shows why Melbourne IT should be avoided. Most people feel their customer service sucks.
- Domain transfers away from Melbourne IT are hugely frustrating. They call their domain password a “registry key”, which is the name the AUDA gives to their password. The emails for recovery (which is another process you have to go through) are nearly identical.
I am sure there are more people out there with horror stories. Feel free to post them below.